Re: RE: R/Ts

From: KURTZ ERIC (erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 21:07:21 EDT

Matt,
  Ive got a 5.9 hooked up to my NV3500!! Ive been runnin that thing for
over 60k miles! Finally though, after 120k on that trans the thing
needed to be rebuilt. But gees man, if you knew how bad I beat on this
truck you (along with my tranny guy!!) would be amazed at the strength
of this thing! Ive admittedly have had engineers at JTE tell me that
they werent sure if it would last long (when I told them my original
intentions before the 5.9 went in), but after seeing it in action on
Gratiot and at Milan they were very impressed with their own
engineering! Its actually quite nice to make an engineer smile! They
just dont get the opportunity to do that very often!! =0)
Eric