Re: I love my R/T(a bit long)

From: HrtbeatZ28@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 23:30:50 EDT

Mine are Z28 & R/T preceded by the year. Even though I own both I can't
really remember describing them as a Camaro Z28 or Dakota R/T. Makes no
difference anyway when you have knowledgeable people such as those who
subscribe to the DML and informed automotive enthusiasts; you don't need the
"NAME". The association to the model is second nature. The attributes of all
the models in the line reflect on the way the vehicle is perceived. A R/T is
one of the Dakota line but because I don't refer to it as a "Dakota R/T" in
no way means that it's better or worse than the one purchased by the guy who
bought the base model; it's just got more whistles and buzzers on it. We all
know that the Dakota is a GREAT truck.
Think back to the late 60's and into the 70"s; how many could you name;
exactly who made it and what model they were? Hemi anything, SS 396, SS 427,
429 Cobra, Boss 302, GTO, Judge, GT 350, GT 500, Cuda, T/A, 442, Vette, etc.
etc. etc. The list goes on.
My thoughts may not be exactly what you're talking about and I don't want to
step on anybody's toes. Their my thoughts on the subject and I'll take the
lumps if need be!
Jim Colson
Lawrence, Kansas
93 Z28