Re: RE: R/Ts

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 11:13:35 EDT

I would never question that it would hold up, but New Venture Gear will NOT
warranty the transmission if you put it behind an engine with more than xxx
Lb/Ft of torque... so DC won't exceed that number. I don't think DC puts a
8.25 rear behind a 5.9L, either... the R/T's have got 9.25, right? That's
what my Ram has...

>> Eric, you're right, there ain't no way someone's gonna tell me that the
5spd
>> won't hold up to 40 more footpounds or whatever it is, I've seen plenty
of
>> highly modified 5.2's 5spd's and man will those things take a beating. So
DM