SWR Meter Question

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 17:45:27 EDT

I am going to work on the Dak tomorrow morning. I am going to take off my
dual 48" fiberglass antennas and all the antenna wiring and mount up my
Firestik Stainless Steel Adjustbale Hood Mount, Firestik FS II Antenna, the
stainless steel spring, quick disconnect, and run the antenna cable.

My question concerns the SWR meter. I know all about tuning, etc; but I have
a questions concerning using it. Since I my Firestik FS II Antenna is fully
adjustable, once I tune the system with the SWR meter, will it ever go out of
that 'tuned in' range? I ask this because I am simply considering leaving the
meter hookup into the system. I bought a small 2ft piece of cable for tuning
purposes, but can I leave it hooked up and running all the time? Will doing
this hurt performance of the CB/reception or even hurt the meter itself??? I
have a nice spot next to my CB in my overhead console where the meter fits
perfectly.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6