New headers please read

From: BlKV8Dkota@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 20:18:05 EDT

I just installed my new edelbrock headers. First off what a pain. The first
time I started the truck up it idled real high. Is this normal? Second it
seems to idle high at 50 mph around 1500 or so. Is this normal? I just
might have never noticed it before. Third for the first drive my engine
smoked quite abit. when I got home I looked under the hood and saw the
headers were now gray so I assume the smoke was the paint. Am I correct in
this assumption? I just want to make sure everything is working properly.

josh