RE: New wheels/tires help

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 21:22:47 EDT

With the Trail Master kit, you have to watch the backspacing (maximum is
3.75"). American Racing used to make a couple in 15x7", but they seem to
change their application lists every year, I'm not sure what they have now.
Weld makes some in 15x8 and 15x10, but be prepared to pay many $$$ for
those. Personally, I like the American Eagle 117 and 118. Just go to this
link:

http://www.salesco.com/wheels/durango_and_dakota_applications.htm

They're in the top line (117 and 118, you have to click on them to see that
they're made by American Eagle). They both come in 15x8, and the 117 also
comes in 15x10. They make them in polished, chrome and silver finish.

Bernd Ratsch (another DMLer) has a set of these on a 2wd with a Fabtech 2wd
lift kit. His number was 1179, I'm guessing that the last digit indicates
the finish used. His page is at
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm, scroll down to where he talks
about Fabtech suspension and new rims.

Good luck with the lift. We want pictures! :-)

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab 239 V6 5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab 318 V8 Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab 239 V6 Auto