Speedo fix; WAS: I Got New Wheels!! Check em out

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 1999 - 09:22:15 EDT

I put new tires on my Dak and lost 2" diameter (like going from 3:55's to
3:92's :-) Anyway, I put a $30 bicycle computer on the truck. It is WAY
more accurate than the factory speedo (even with factory tires on!) and you
calibrate it with tire circumference, so you can use it on just about
anything. It's about the size of a man's large digital watch, has
speedo/odometer/tripmeter accurate to within 1/100-mile. My factory speedo
remains intact so I know what my error is (about 11%).

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate