crossbred sbec

From: ted and teresa dotson (dotson@cyou.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 10:11:51 EDT

To Bob in Burlington,
I have had an idea concerning your lack of gauges.Using a junkyard harness
connector you could piggyback both SBECs in and merely use the outputs of
the 97 to run the gauge bus and the outputs of the 96 to run the engine. The
only drawback I could foresee would be the current draw, but I dont believe
it would be a problem as the 97 would not be driving injectors. I will be
trying this as soon as I save up the money for the MP SBEC and the two FSM's
it will take. I have also found a controller called the Icon that allows you
to tailor your ignition curve as desired but thats all it does and seems
abit pricey(see superchips.com)

                Ted D
                Baker fl