Re: crossbred sbec

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 11:33:36 EDT

At 09:11 AM 8/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have had an idea concerning your lack of gauges. Using a junkyard harness
>connector you could piggyback both SBECs in and merely use the outputs of
>the 97 to run the gauge bus and the outputs of the 96 to run the engine. The
>only drawback I could foresee would be the current draw, but I dont believe
>it would be a problem as the 97 would not be driving injectors. I will be
>trying this as soon as I save up the money for the MP SBEC and the two FSM's
>it will take. I have also found a controller called the Icon that allows you
>to tailor your ignition curve as desired but thats all it does and seems
>abit pricey(see superchips.com)
>Ted D

Thanks, Ted. I will also look more closely into your idea when the racing
track closes for the season. It's been in the back of mind for quite a while.
It sure would make finding a solution a lot more easier with a scanner. There
are a number available in the States but, so far, I haven't found them
(at least, reasonably priced) in Ontario or Canada. Good luck. Keep
me abreast if you do a breakthrough.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red