Re: Hurst Shifter ATTN GS

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 13:44:52 EDT

Originally I was looking for Hurst stick # 538-0085
which was close to the same length as my OEM stick,
but found out it was not available anymore. So I called
Hurst and they said they had a new replacement with the
same length and curve, Part #238-0085, $52 @ leane Auto
in Michigan.

This stick is NOT A DIRECT BOLT IN and will require some
FABRICATION. I plan to modify the lower section of the
stock OEM stick to accept the Hurst bolt holes, or I may
have it welded on to a threaded section. I know with the
measurements I've taken and matched to this stick it should
fit great, look good and be very comfortable. Not to mention
give the Dak interior that Moparish look. In reality I've only
seen the drawing or layout in Hursts catalog (downloadable).
Can't wait to get started, should be in this week.

GS -

PS this stick will not work with a center console!!!