WAS:Car-Hacking NOW: R/T ECU ques.

From: Fisher Patrick-r37492 (Patrick.Fisher@motorola.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 14:31:07 EDT

So, what's up with the computer in the Dak's that makes them different than
other vehicles. I still haven't gotten an answer to my question about the
fuel map for the ECU. If someone out there knows I'd really like an answer
as to whether or not the Dakota computer runs in open loop during full
throttle settings. If this is the case then adding a SC or nitrous would be
a little more involved. Whereas if it has a more thorough map programmed
into it, like Z28's do, then the computer will be able to add fuel as
necessary based on amount of air entering the engine and not just default to
a certain, non-changing, quantity. So can anyone out there help me here or
has this topic not been brought up on this list? I can't believe no one has
put a supercharger or nitrous on an R/T yet.

Patrick Fisher - Just researching my next vehicle before I buy.