Re: ASP alt pulley Help please

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 22:09:41 EDT

There's a magical secret. You take the alt off the truck and bring it to
some place that has an impact wrench. Without an impact wrench. you probably
won't be able to spin that nut off of there.. I tried. don't break ur pully
trying to get it off.
-Dester

PS. the one you turn to get the belt off is right under the alt, kinda to
the left of it a lil. look at the coil bracket and the idler pully (one you
push to the right) is the one

<< OK I went to instal my pulley and I cant get the nut off. First of all It
is
 the 7/8 Th. nut and not that real small one correct? Second, the belt just
 moves and not the nut. How can I stop from actually turning the alternator
 and just turn the pulley? What is the trick?

 Josh >>