Re: Street and performance - Now TB/Manifold Opening

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 12:36:12 EDT

I think the idea is to just weld an additional heat sheld to the bathtub
gasket (the one that covers the lifter valley)... But I've heard of a good
alternative to this is that after you've made the mods to the intake, then
have the bottom of the intake sealed up with 1/4" plate Aluminum... it will
act as a heat sheild, and prevent the vacuum leak problem in the future.. as
well as further reducing the plenum volume.

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO

>That looks good and i like the idea about the reducing of the manifold for
>more power. But i don't get the oil splash shield?? Where a metal plate
is
>welding in the engine??
>
>Also, what was needed to remove the Intake. Lemme guess the obvious.
>Radiator hose. probably had to drain the coolant? fuel rails? injectors?
or