Re: Street and performance - Now TB/Manifold Opening

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 12:19:24 EDT

Lets see if my lame attempts at ascii graphics can help-

Option 1: weld a heat shield to the bathtub gasket:
  _/^^^^^\_
  \ open / <-intake, open, relies on bathtub gasket to seal vacuum.
  \______/<- bathtub gasket
    \--------/ <- heat sheild..
corners bent up & welded to bottom of bathtub gasket

There should be plenty of room below the bathtub gasket to fit the heat
sheild

Option 2: seal up the bottom of the intake w/ plate aluminum:
  _/^^^^^\_
  \______/ <- Intake w/ bottom sealed up by plate Al
  \______/<- bathtub gasket

Hope this helps...