RE: Re: RE: Y-pipes

From: John Mautz (jmautz@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 19:34:56 EDT

I don't think there is enough clearance before the cat to use the R/T down
pipes. If you really want to do it, then I would contact Mesa Headers ad
www.mesaheaders.com. They sell Dak/Durango 5.2, 5.9 and R/T headers (y-pipe
included) and they just released a series of cat's. I think the R/T cat is
less than $190. I know they have had a lot of grief with the legalities of
headers (they don't have an E.O. number and they were able to prove to the
state of CA that they don't need one either, per the LAW no matter what
CARB's policies are). So, I'm sure since they sell them, they are street
legal.

John.