Non-Dak- More military

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Aug 28 1999 - 12:35:34 EDT

This is the last one, I promise. I just had to put the shoe on the other
foot (sort of):

Ft. Worth (Texas) NAS Joint Reserve Base (formerly Carswell AFB) gets a
wide variety of military traffic as well as a lot of civil traffic
overflying their air space. One day the controller gets a call from an
unidentified pilot asking for the correct time.

The controller replies; "It depends on who you are. If this is a civilian
flight, it's 3 PM. If this is an Air Force flight, it's 1500 hours. If this
is a Navy flight, it's 8 bells. If this is an Army flight, the big hand is
on the twelve and the little hand is on the three. And if this is a Marine
flight, it's Tuesday afternoon."