RePost: HyperTech Modules

From: Ollie Garcia (motoplex@midsouthmotoplex.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 1999 - 15:45:26 EDT

I posted this a few day back and no one commented on this. Seeing how their
seems to be mixed reports about the release of a MP chip I thought it might
be of some interest (for what it's worth my local Dodger parts mgr said he
was told by MP that there will not be one). Anyway, I spoke with my local
distributor on this particular module and their power programmer III that is
"scheduled" to be released early in 2000. He informed me that if you are
looking strickly for a performance increase the power module was the way to
go. While the programmer III does "similar" adjustments to the computer
it's main purpose is to adjust for oversized tires, different gear ratios,
etc. It will also remove the engine top end cut-off (speaking of which,
what it it?). I plan to call hypertech direct and see what their advise is.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/ptmpress.html

Ollie G