Re: Oil Change Intervals

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 29 1999 - 22:02:56 EDT

Hmm. the oil should have been changed at 500 miles... RIGHT?? anyways. If
you turn the pages a lil more. you'll see that there's a "type B" service
plan. it says 3750 for oil changes..

I don't know on the oil part, but i use both mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30 and
10w-30 with no felt differences. (engine might think differently though)
-Dester

<< My beloved Dak finally hit 3k today and I broke out the manual to see what
 the oil change interval was. 7500mi, wow.
 What's everyone's take on that? I can see where maybe today's oil is a lot
 better so the change intervals can be farther apart but since this is the
 trucks first 3k (break in) would you recommend to change it anyway and then
 follow regular intervals? My wife's Explorer (Exploder, a Durango is in the
 near future) has intervals of 5k using 5w-30. >>