Re: Need some opinions!!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 1999 - 23:10:04 EDT

At 07:50 PM 8/29/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Bob, you seem to be shifting into third too soon. And i ran my 15.36 the
way
>you saw my truck. I know your truck can do better! 3.90's would help
though.
>Boog

I'm shifting into third at 5300 rpm. When the shift is completed, revs are
at 3300 rpm (which is where I figure my peak torque is at). It pulls fairly
strongly from there in third but I run out of track. I changed my shift point
into second from 5300 to 5000 to give me more track and did not lose anything
at the 1/8th.

I think that both the weight (about 4350 lb) and the power band really point
to either 3.90 or 4.10 gears on the track. Will wait and see how things go
until the end of the track season up here (Nov. 7) before deciding.

Most of the street class cars/trucks were running about 2/10's off their best
because of the head wind today.

Bob, Burlington.