Buying a new 00 Dakota

From: Terry Martin (tmartin@anv.net)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 01:23:07 EDT

I will be purchasing a new Dakota in the next few weeks. I want a 2wd,
club cab, tire and handling package, sport, V8, manual tranny, etc...
I'll probably end up having to order one.

I noticed that Dodge changed from the 318 to to a 4.something SOHC
motor. Does anyone know the output of this motor? I haven't been to a
dealership yet to pick up a brochure. Are there any technical write ups
on the internet about the new motor? I've always been a pushrod motor
fan and I'm weary of the new SOHC motor. Are there any opinions out
there about this motor? I'm looking at making this truck my daily
driver. My other car (see tag line below) is my toy. So, I'm not
looking to modify it in the future (famous last words).

Also, I was looking at the Melton Sales, Inc
(http://wwv.meltonsales.com/meltonsales/) for internet sales of new
vehicles. They offer anything at $275 under invoice. However, they are
about 1300 miles away. Does anyone know of another dealership that
offers similar deals but is a little further west than OK?

Thanks

Terry Martin in Vegas
mailto:tmartin@anv.net

96 Impala SS, 317 rwhp and 324 rw ft lbs
Soon to add a 99 or 00 Dakota......