Re: ram/shaker hood-reply to G.S.'s post

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 07:52:06 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/99 9:29:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
shetland@erols.com writes:

<< Ram air can only be effective if it is put in a high pressure center.
 If I am correct, I believe the base of the windshield is a low pressure
 center, the front of the hood is a high pressure center, and the middle
 of the hood is somewhere in between.

The way I understand it, is that the cowl actually creates a vaccum allowing
hot air to be sucked out and over the wind shield and cooler air can then
move in from the front.

I was thinking of taking an AAR R/T hood and cutting the back out like a
cowl induction sys. then cutting the nostrils in front. So in good weather
days you can remove the plugs in the front and get air moving in and out. So
it always stays fresh!
And no, this is not Trottman!
Boog