Need help with a rear end lift.

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 09:28:48 EDT

    I need some good ideas about how to lift the rear suspension of my '92
2WD Dak. I already have an Air Ride ride control air bag kit installed on
the rear end, and this past weekend, I raised the front suspension 2" with
the aid of some DayStar polyurethane coil spring spacers. However, I find
that the air bags do not make enough lift by themselves, and need to raise
the suspension another 1-1/2 inches or so. A set of raised shackles would be
a simple and effective fix, but I have not seen anyone who makes a set of
shackles for this application. How does the Trailmaster kit handle the rear
suspension. My second thought is to actually move the shackle mounts down on
the truck's frame, but this looks like quite a bit more work than just
swapping in some shackles.
     Also, with a mild 1-1/2 or 2 inch rear suspension lift, will I need to
shim the rearend to maintain the correct pinion angle, or should I just leave
it alone?

SteveM.