HP and MPG Rich to level

From: KURTZ ERIC (erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 09:26:28 EDT

 Ya know, I thought this truck was runnin really good last night after I
put that new hood on. But today I can confirm it. I took it out this
morning and did some runnin around jumpin off and on the eway. This
thing is really running stronger, especially if I rev the motor up,
clear the plenum enough to have fresh air runnin through it from the
scoop. It use to run rich too with the injectors I have, but now with
the abundance of fresh air, it seems to have leaned out when its runnin
and needs that better balance. At an idle and sitting for a few
minutes, it seems to get rich again.
  Also, I was able to put back my 3.5 inch K&N instead of having that
2.5" paper thing. So this hood is tall enough in the center for
technically a 5.5 inch air cleaner. Above my 3.5 is atleast 1 inch and
below the aircleaner and TB is a 1" Throttle Body Riser. I guess this
hood is kinda tall! I like it!!
Eric
  OH, due to special request!! =0), Im changing the openings from
scalloped to angled. I'll have pictures available later.