RE: No lift kit, POOP!! Hmm...6x9ers?

From: Mooberry, J (j.mooberry@lmco.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 16:07:10 EDT

>> I am assuming you are talking about the TrailMaster 4" Lift Kit. Did you
go
with any options such as front skid plate, dual shocks per corner, steering
stabilizers?<<
Nope, no options. It'd be news to me if Trail Master even offered any for
this kit. Kerstner's seems to agree. If there are any options, then they're
holding out on me. I count my lucky stars that there's one at all for gen
ii's.

>>How about the shocks, which ones did you go with?<<
SSV's.

>> Are you getting the kit put on or are you venturing into no-mans land? <<
Bushwackin, it. With help from my pops, prolly.

>> what size tires are you planning to run? <<
I've looked at some Michelins, the Pirelli Scorpion and the BFG AT KOs. The
BFGs have received some great reviews from the DML and that's prolly what
I'll go with. Sales monkey at NTB says BF pays for your tow if you get
stuck with yer shiny new BFG AT KOs. So anyway, regardless I'll go with 32
10-fiftys. The kit only recommend up to 31's but I think I can squeeze em
on.

>>How about the rims.....what backspacing, in inches, are you going to use.
<<

>From what I understand courtesy of Jason Bleazard
[mailto:jbleazard@home.com] the backspacing should be a max of 3.75" with
the 4" lift. Check out this snippet...

>>>With the Trail Master kit, you have to watch the backspacing (maximum is
3.75"). American Racing used to make a couple in 15x7", but they seem to
change their application lists every year, I'm not sure what they have now.
Weld makes some in 15x8 and 15x10, but be prepared to pay many $$$ for
those. Personally, I like the American Eagle 117 and 118. Just go to this
link:
http://www.salesco.com/wheels/durango_and_dakota_applications.htm
<<<
I'm prolly going with the 118's, polished, cause I likes em (15x8). And I
haven't had much luck finding likewise backspacing or even backspacing specs
on many other rims.

>>Thanks for the info, get some pic posted soon!!!! <<

Since it didn't come this past weekend, it'll be a couple more weeks. Cause
o labor day and all. Adios. -Jay