Re: ADDING A 2ND GAS TANK?

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 00:04:00 EDT

I wouldn't recommend driving your truck TOO long. Stopping for gas and
letting the engine rest a lil should prove good in some way. On long trips
(kansas to louisiana) it takes me 3.5 gas stops... (22 gallon tank) and
that's about 900 miles. also, are you gonna mount a portapoddy in your
truck? hope so. I don't think i can hold fluids in (coffee, soda, water) in
for that long (on road trips)
-Dester

<< Well I live on L.I. and I treck up to Maine alot. Massachusetts alot!
 Vermont Alot!! Maryland Alot!!! Virginia mmmm,.... sometimes. And I've been
 planning a looong trip down the east coast. I really don't want to make the
 extra stops. Know what I mean. Now you say it can be done? 1) Where can I
 get the tank 2) where could I put it 3) How hard would the install be 4)
what
 kind of switchs and guages do I need to add?? >>