Re: Crate 360 "ci" to an "NV4500" manual

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 13:02:36 EDT

On most 5 speed transmissions (the NVx500 transmissions are), yes... but the
Richmond 4+1 that I saw in the Summit catalog specifically said that it had
a 1:1 5th gear, and they recommended running high final gearing (2.70 to
3.30 range, if I recall) with this transmission.. they had a 4.06 and a
4.36? 1st gear available. the Richmond xmissions are not on their web page,
but are in the catalog... the 5-speed runs ~ $1800, and the 6-speed ~$2800

Gary Shook