!!! (V)OPAR PCM's Read or Be Sorry !!!

From: Gordon Adams (rtgordon@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 13:15:03 EDT

Alright, here is the scoop. I called that Earnhart Dodge number that was
posted a while back (1800-497-8740 ask for John McKragin he knows his stuff
and is cool, tell him Gordon wants a free PCM for referrals), and I finally
got a call back today. They claim to be the only ones who know that they can
order the part because they have been involved in distributing the
information to other dealerships. They claim to have sold several. I asked
for one, and he said that they had been screwed on their most recent
shipment (wrong sruff), and that there would be a buttload there within two
weeks. You can put your name on a waiting list. They are charging even less
than they originally stated (1999 PCM 320.00 includes tax&shipping / 1998
PCM 331.00 includes tax&shipping). They claim 28-30hp and 25 lb ft of torque
with heavier gains realized depending on intake and exhaust mods. They are
not Leach flashed.

The only thing is that you have to have the VIN number burned into the chip
once you get it. he said don't get screwed it is only a half hour of labor.
He said wow, how did you get this number, people have been calling from all
over. I told him that any information would be helpful. He looked into his
satellite linked system while I talked to him and to his surprise 98 PCM's
are available right now!, and he is waiting on his shipment of 99 PCM's.