Dak fixed?

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 21:57:07 EDT

Well, I think we finally got the R/T fixed!! After three attempts to
replace the transmission tail shaft seal, we finally broke down and let
Mercedes, er DC have a go of it. After my experience with the parts
department, I have a general feeling of contempt of this dealership, but
they were the closest. I think they did okay.

We got the R/T flat-bedded to the dealership courtesy of Road Side
Assistance. I have yet to speak at length with the service writer, she
was out sick two days and had gone home by the time we got by to pick the
truck up. The truck was in their care for three days, plus one weekend.
It looks like they went into the trans. The parts list looks like this;

P/N Description
5003231-AA Extension (I am assuming this is the tail shaft housing)
5010124-AA Fluid AFT (10 quarts!)
4461181 Disc Dire (NO idea what this is, anyone care to take a guess?)
4461047 Plate Tra (same as above, they may have replaced some clutch
disks here)
4531216 Extansion Seal (this is the tailshaft seal I have replaced 3X)

Total cost = $00.00

At least the price is right! Now, I get to spend this weekend cleaning
up (and under) the truck. After almost 4 months with a drain pan sitting
under it, there are now no leaks (so far) under the truck. Seems to run
okay, but we haven't driven it hard. I'll let Barbara do that!! :-)

Gene Beaird
98 (fixed?) Flame Red CC R/T
Houston, Texas