Re: Dynomax Exhaust

From: Erik Bush (thebeerdawg@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 04:47:47 EDT

i might be mistaken but doesn't dynomax make the
factory exhaust system for the R/T?

i've heard nothing but good things about dynomax and
am looking at their 97+ v6 cat back in that same jegs
issue for myself.

~erik

--- JHarmon <jdharmon@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Cynomax is same level as flowmaster. 3 vs. 2 3/4
> inch diam no significant
> difference. Depending upon model, it may be a
> straight through of baffled.
> Ultraflo model has great muscle car sound!!!
> Excellent product!
> Jim
>
> Jeff Durling wrote:
>
> > I need information on the Dynomax exhaust systems.
> Does the muffler have
> > a stright through design or baffled. design. Is
> this a good exhaust
> > system? The part # from Jegs is 289-17443 for the
> '92-'96 Dakota. The
> > price is $99.99 which sounds to me like is garbage
> but I thought I'd
> > ask. The only problem That I found out about it is
> that it's a single
> > outlet 2 3/4" pipe. I don't mind the single outlet
> but from what i've
> > been reading it seems that 3" is the way to go for
> a single outlet
> > exhaust. How much performance difference would
> thier be between a 2 3/4"
> > and a 3" exhaust? Would it even be any better than
> the stock exhaust?
> > For those of you that have one do they have a good
> warrenty and does the
> > exhaust seem like it's going to hold up (ie
> aluminized). I live in
> > florida so there is no problem with slt just rain.
> Any help would be
> > gratfully appreciated.
> >
> > Jeff Durling
> > '96 RC Sport

===
-----
Erik Bush
fisher@freewwweb.com
"sorry that you feel that way, the only thing there is to say. every silver lining's got a touch of grey.."