RE: !!! (V)OPAR PCM's Read or Be Sorry !!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 10:53:26 EDT

At 08:38 AM 9/2/99 -0400, you wrote:
> [snip]
>My 99 4X4 5.2 pings like a diesel. After trying everything from rerouting
>the wires to Champion truck plugs to new Jacobs wires I have been told that
>the problem is that my computer is retarding my timing to much. Will this
>new PCM advance the timing as well as the other tweaks it does to increase
HP?
>I wouldn't mind spend the $$ if I could get rid of that pinging.

The MP computer is hi-performance computer and will advance the timing
and alter the air/fuel ratio for more performance. It's my understanding
is that advancing the timing too much results in pinging (detonation) and
that, if anything, the timing should be retarded if pinging is experienced.
Hope this helps.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red