99 computers

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 11:58:08 EDT

With all the talk about performance computer availability, I thought this
was interesting. I got it off the Off-road.com board in the Dodge section.

>Essy wrote:
>>
>>I just recently traded my 95 Ram 5.9 Auto for a 99 Ram Sport 5.9
Auto.
>>I had purchased a HP computer for the 95 Ram. What I'm needing to
        know
>>is! Will the same computer work in the 99 Ram?
>
>Did you notice a difference w/ it and how much $$$ does it run...
        Can
>you get it from local dealership???? Thanx
>

>No, the '95 is not ODB11 compliant. All computers '96 and newer
have
        o2 sensors before and after the cat. to moniter performance. You
can
        "flash" the pcm in you '99 ram through the data connector to change
        it's program. So there is no need for buying an aftermarket or
performance
        one, you can just take it to the dealer and have them "flash" newer
        programs. The high altitude, high octane program is a screamer!

Have you guys heard about having the dealer "flash" different programs into
your stock computer?? Or would this be cost prohibitive??

John McKinney