Re: 99 computers

From: Gordon Adams (rtgordon@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 15:11:59 EDT

>The dealer will NOT flash a different program into your computer... >but if
>you have a '98 or newer and you purchase the Mopar >Performance PCM, the
>dealer will have to flash your VIN number into >the computer... I
>understand that all the dash idiot lights stay lit >until you get this
>done.

They don't flash VINs and mileage they synchronize (whatever the difference
is) I fear if you told the dealer ship to flash something on your computer,
you would end up with a different computer than what you went there with.

The truck will not work without the VIN and mileage, and once you get the
VIN and mileage synchronized, the computer will not work in someone elses
car. So if someone decides that they want to steal it, it will not work when
they get to their car.

gordon