Re: Re: Non dak but hilarious

From: Corey A Meyer (cameyer@bw.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 21:14:02 EDT

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Terry Westbrook wrote:

> What's better? A supercharger or a turbo? I have been looking into them and
> am not too sure which one to go with.

        I have just looked some of this up. Turbos are a lot more work
and really need to be taken care of but will get you 15 psi of pressure
with no boost off the bat. The boost comes at about 2000 rpm due to its
construction. A way to combat lag is to use two turbo chargers that give
about half the boost of a single and this should give less lag.
        The super is much easier to deal with but only gives like 5 psi.
However, the boost is pretty much instantaneous...no lag. More of a bolt
on and really the care is next to nothing compared to the turbochargers.