Turbo vs Supercharger was -> Re: Non dak but hilarious

From: Greg Zarkis (zarkman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 1999 - 08:41:54 EDT

Ah, the great Supercharger vs Turbo debate! You will see both sides argue
passionately on this one... Be careful...
Even centrifugal superchargers have a *little* lag, as generally there is a
considerably length of plumbing back to the intake. These types of
superchargers do facilitate intercooling as well.
My favorite? Turbo. Realistically for our applications? Centrifugal
Supercharger. It's a literal bolt on. With a turbo, you're talking new
exhaust manifolds and/or headers or some kind of exhaust rerouting. Most
likely the engine is coming out.
My personal experience pushes me towards turbo, but I'm biased on that one.
I'm a Shelby Dodge freak!

Zark