Re: '99 Dodge Dakota Transmission Problems

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 1999 - 14:34:53 EDT

I believe it might be something wrong with your transmission controller. Did you do any mods to your truck (ie. shift kit, TV cable adj, JET chip)?

Joe

>>> <nc-ghost@geocities.com> 09/03 2:11 PM >>>
I have a '99 Dodge Dakota, V6, extended cab, shortbed. I think I may be
having transmission problems. I have on 4 different occasions experienced
problems where the engine idles high and appears not to be in drive. All
have happened after stop and go driving, 3 times after going through a fast
food drive thru. I go to pull away and the engine idles high and has no
power like it's slipped out of drive. If I try to change to neutral or 2nd
gear and change back nothing changes, still no power. If I stop, change to
park count to 3 seconds and shift back to drive it usually goes back to
normal. Has anybody else seen this or know what is happening. I have an
appointment for Wednesday after Labor Day to get them to check it out.

                 | |
                 | Chad Simon |
                 | Engineer II |
               _ | MCIWorldcom, Inc. |