Re: Clunk sound......

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 19:02:51 EDT

My 97 dakota CC 3.9 does that too. Some times, it seems like the fronts
kinda just let up, and CLUNK, it reengages... To me. it seems like the ABS
is the rear is a lil screwy...
-Dester

<< Hey everbody. I have a '98 Dak CC 3.9. Once in a while
 I'll hear a small clunk sound coming from the back. The
 best way to describe it is.....Ok you know when you are towing
 a trailer and the freight transfers and you get that small clunk and
 feel like the truck get's pushed forward a bit....well if not anyways
 that's what it feels like. I can't pinpoint if it is the U joint in
 the rear
 or what. It happens whenever. No certain driving conditions or
 wheather. Or is it just the electronic trans just shifting back down
 with a dealy? Any I deas would be great.

 Thanks, Ralph