Clunk sound......

From: RBR (kbear316@mc.net)
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 18:34:26 EDT

Hey everbody. I have a '98 Dak CC 3.9. Once in a while
I'll hear a small clunk sound coming from the back. The
best way to describe it is.....Ok you know when you are towing
a trailer and the freight transfers and you get that small clunk and
feel like the truck get's pushed forward a bit....well if not anyways
that's what it feels like. I can't pinpoint if it is the U joint in
the rear
or what. It happens whenever. No certain driving conditions or
wheather. Or is it just the electronic trans just shifting back down
with a dealy? Any I deas would be great.

Thanks, Ralph