Re: Turbo vs Supercharger was -> Re: Non dak but hilarious

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 13:07:24 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/99 1:17:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, terry@gthings.com
writes:

<< I have looked very seriuosly into the Vortec. There is a guy by the name
of
 Scott and he runs 13.0 with his Dak. All he has is Vortec and #24 injectors,
 and a high quantity fuel pump. >>

Vortech's are the way to go ... My full size heavy, fully loaded Dodge Ram
SS/T, w/ ground effects and highway tires is pushed well over 100mph through
the traps.. and that's with the stock intake, heads, stock converter, stock
injectors, and only 5-6lbs of boost from the huffer... the kit form I sell..
One of the largest pulleys they use on the S-trms, Quicker ETs is a pulley
change away.

Everyone says it can't be done, but it can, and it's not hard at all.

Right now it's apart again.. needs new valve springs (broke another R/T
spring..... i'm gonna try the stiffer race spring.. they're garbage!) ... 24#
injectors along with a new tranny cooler should help out a bit, especally
after the TB.

ttyl
Patrick