Re: Dual exhuast idea - sort of

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 13:14:39 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/99 11:29:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, durling@ibm.net
writes:

<< I looked
 under the truck tonight and there is plenty of room to run 2 3" pipes
 together. For now I would hook into the stock maniflods but later I
 could have him alter it to hook up to a set of headers. Anyone know if
 you would have a problem with the law setting up an exhaust like this. I
 was thinking that you could put in a cross-pipe before and after the cat
 with bosses installed to hook up the factory O2 sensors. Any ideas good
 or bad. Just thought it would be a neat thought. Sorry for such a long
 post but the brain is really awake right now...that's rare. >>

FWIW - It's a tight fit putting two 2.5" pipes under my Ram SS/T w/ auto
transmission. One pipe has to be run under each side of the tranny
crossmember. Good thing I know a good exhaust bender, because it is kinda
trick the way my exhaust is mounted. It ends up over on the pass side (thank
god), with the mufflers mounted parallel with the dumps right there.

I don't see how this could fit under a Dakota , especially two 3.0" pipes!

I wouldn't use a crossover unless the pipes are really, really bent. They
quiet the truck down a little bit, though, so that's a plus.... but for the
hassle/extra work, buy some nice chrome tail pipes ;)

FWIW - I kept the o2 sensors on the same side, same pipe...

ttyl
Patrick
http://members.aol.com/rdperform/cars.html for more info