Re: Painted Wheel Hubs and Mud Flaps (Dave T)

From: TREMAIN LYNNE (bmbl-b1@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 20:12:46 EDT

Kevin

No I haven't had that problem, it cold be because I have the flares on
my truck. The mud flaps on mine used 1 existing screw on each one the
rest screwed into the flare. The flares are actually quite flexible and
may be the reason I don't have that problem. I would however suggest
getting some rubber (old inner tube or something thinner) and mount that
between your flares and the body to prevent any further damage,
otherwise you may have a corrosion problem in the future. The only
reason I put them on was to protect the paint after I managed to talk
the dealership into repairing all the rock chips on the rocker panels
under warranty when the truck was 1 month old.

Dave T.
99 Solar Yellow CC 4x4 5.2