Re: RE: Dual Exhaust for a 3.9L V6

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 16:26:16 EDT

I disagree with ya there. I had a 2 chamber flow master muffler on my v6
dakota (1997) and that thing was louder than any stock v8 dakota... Does
your interior rattle when you accelerate? you big v8s out there? but on the
performance side. I don't know how much it did. To me. I don't feel as if
the exhaust did anything....

The TB porting did. The K&N did, the e-ram did (little), the TV cable
adjustment did, electrical fans did, underdrive pullies did, jet 2 chip and
180 stat did, but butt dyno didn't twitch with my exhaust mods including a
dynomax race magnum muffler and upgraded 2.5" y-pipe
-Dester

<< So your calling my truck ricey, huh. That's one way to piss me off. Do you
 have a subwoofer on your 'puter. If not then all your hearing are the high
 frequencies. To all that have heard my truck in person(Jim, Sam, Tony, Ed,
 etc) does it sound like a pissed off bee? If so, they need to release them
 headers soon. Another thing, how will a 3 chamber Flowmaster sound less
 ricey? It would just be a tad quitter, right? If you like the rumble of the
 V8's, then ya should have got a V8 buddy! Going to be hard to reproduce that
 sound on a V6.