My Check Engine light is on!

From: Douglas Bowerman (doug_b@officetech.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 11:28:58 EDT

Hey All,
I installed my supercharger on saturday. I drove it sat night and
sunday with no problems. Yesterday (MON) I was driving back to Indy
(150mi) and while using my cruise control it stopped working after I
passed through a town. Now this morning (TUE) I fired it up and the
check engine light came on.
Is this related to the cruise control not working, or maybe some deeper
problem??
I'm gonna reset my computer and hope that clears it all up because it
was ok. I'm quite nervous because I surely don't wanna waste my time
trying to figure this out, and now with all that stuff under the hood I
could risk the dealer not wanting to help.
Do you think that reseting the computer would be the way to go first???
I don't really wanna go to the dealer.
Thanks plenty,
Doug

Supercharged 98 318, JBA headers, Borla exh, JET Stage II, TB P&P