Re: Engine miss

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 13:26:53 EDT

zavetsky@usaor.net writes:

<< Lately, I have had an intermittant miss,,,,,,it will stutter and miss under
 light load for a while and then, just as quickly as it comes on, it quits
 and all is normal......It even happened while the truck was idling in my
 driveway......
 I am getting code 12 and 27...........
  ANy thoughts? its a 92 dak 4x4 5.2....... >>

Code 12 means "memory standby power lost", according the the shop manual. I
get this code after I reset the computer by disconnecting the battery;
because the stored memory in the computer was basically erased. This really
only means that after 50 or so start ups that this code will go away as the
computer relearns. Code 27 means "Injector output circuit not responding",
according to the shop manual. Maybe one of your injectors is either really
clogged or is starting to die. Hope this helps somewhat.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6