Headers? worth the cost?

From: jbe@micron.net
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 11:05:58 EDT

Hi all, have a question for those of you with headers on 97+
Dak 318. Is it worth the cost for the improvements? Most ads
I have seen say 20+ ft lbs or torque gain and while I suppose it will
work better with the other mods I have, I wonder how much. A Mike Leach

header package (ceramic coated) is about $700 plus install costs, so
probably near
$1000 for headers! yikes.

I have a '99 318 CC 4x4 with ported TB, cold air intake, cat back, jet
stage II,
MSD 6A.

Of course I could wait and hope they get cheaper as the new models come
out.
Comments on headers and performance gains seen?

thxs Ja