Re: Towing with my dak

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 13:50:42 EDT

even when not towing, I do this if it's a 6% grade or so... but then again
my truck (Ram 1500) weighs in at over 5000 Lbs... with O/D off, the torque
converter will lock in 3rd... it will NOT with the O/D on. So if nothing
else, you're being much more kind to your tranny fluid (torque converter
heats fluid when it's not locked)

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO