Re: RE: Re: 3.55 or 3.90 - This is getting old

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 20:58:31 EDT

I quit using my bicycle as my primary form of transportation
about 2 yrs ago (at 30!). I still ride, not as much as I
should. For max take-off, you're already leaning on one pedal,
you stomp on the other pedal with full body weight pushing it
down, and you're off. Your whole weight is on the axle, which
pushes down the back wheel. Never had it slip.
If I tried to start in the lower gears (collectively referred to
as granny gears) the lack of resistance would probably cause
me to flip over. If not, the wheel probably would chirp because
I would fall forward and lose the weight to the rear wheel.
Which has nothing to do with trucks! When I bought the Dak, it
took me awhile to get used to shifting for a truck instead of me.
I still have to remind myself that I can start faster in FIRST
gear!
Flip

with my old BMX bike (Waaaaaaaaaaaay back when), I could always "chirp" the
rear wheel.  Standing on one pedal at a start and pushing down as hard as
you could.

The "Granny Gear" is an extreme example.  Unless you're going up a VERY
steep hill...I wouldn't even try that gear.------------------

>Jack Hilton III
>
>Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab
>
>Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....
>
>HEMI@charter.net
>
>http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html

---- End Original Message ----

http://www.care-mail.com - Free E-mail/e-card accounts that help save