Knocking noise coming from steering

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 22:26:24 EDT

Need some help with this one:

I've noticed a slight "knocking" noise in the steering wheel that only seems
to be happening when I turn the wheel. Doesn't happen when driving
straight. I've checked the upper and lower ball joints, end links,
tie-rods, steering coupler and joints, sway bar mounts, wheel bearings (just
wiggled the front tires), and the rack. Everything is tight and I can't
seem to find where this is coming from.

I remember someone talking about this (TSB?) a while back but can't seem to
find the email thread. Does anyone know of this or actually have the TSB
anywhere?

Thanks,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX