Re: torque converter for sale!!!

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 16:02:15 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/99 4:56:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, WillTier@aol.com
writes:

<< OK Where did you find the 3200 ? And did you notice any slippage with the
 2400 on the road at highway speed on hills ? ie @ 65 mph or so and turning
 2000 +/- on a hill ? I have a 2400 and noticed a little shudder while going
 up a pretty good hill in OD if trying to give it a little more gas. I would
 think it would probably be possible as the TC is not all the way in until
 2400 - 2800. I now intend to kick out of OD under those circumstances. Any
 thoughts ?

 Bill >>

2400 is about as loose as you can get with the stock diameter torque
converter. He's talking about a custom computer.

FWIW, I run a custom 2400 unit in my Ram, and don't notice any slippage at
all under cruising conditions, although I do leave the OD off unless I'm on
the highway

ttyl
Patrick