Insurance

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 16:00:00 EDT

   Well, I was with Mercury Insurance for over seven years, and then the
Shadow got totalled out from under me. Mercury was so lame and even illegal
in a couple of instances regarding my claims, that I will never go back to
them again, I don't care how little they charge: They don't pay out and are
very quick with the lawyers if you challenge them. It's better to pay a bit
more for a responsive company than less for a company that doesn't back you
and is only interested in saving money.
   I'm now with Travellers and they are only slightly more than Mercury was.
Mercury was where I got the quote for the extra bucks. Since I had just filed
claims with them, I've no doubt this is why it was so much, even though the
accident was clearly not my fault. I got the quote prior to purchasing the
Dakota just so I'd know how much I'd be in for. Being single, 33, no tickets,
accidents (at fault), is apparently not enough. I may just say to hell with
it and go with State Farm, AllState or Farmers, and even though they are more
expensive, they never blink when a claim gets filed and they take care of you.
   The way I figure it, I might actually use the 4x4 capabilities maybe 4-8
times a year. I'd be paying an extra $100 a month for that capability in
initial cost, insurance, gas, tires, and maintenance. It just wasn't worth
it. I suppose if I hit the trails or had some need for the 4x4 I'd be able to
justify it.
   I'm just glad my fuel economy has skyrocketed up since installing the
larger tires and Quick-D intake. It's like a whole different truck now...

Shaun H.