Re: THERMOSTATS..........

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 08:00:02 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/99 11:39:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Mst29@aol.com
writes:

<< I know that putting a 180 thermostat, improves prformance,
 but it also decreases your mileage by about 1mpg. Also im worried about
 about winter operation. Would installing a Heavy duty195 degree thermostat
 be more accurate and make it run cooler? anybody who has a 180 degree
 thermostat please respond,
   THanx.

I went through all of this too. I finally got a stainless steel Tstat and
drilled a 1/8" hole into the plate. This allows for more flow, and better
spring response. Now she runs right around 180 hot. Just enough to keep the
computer from going back into open loop (warm-up mode). Runs fine in the
winter (MD redgion) and I have never seen her above 200 either!
Boog